This book informs the reader of the essential information for Running a Safe, Successful Acupuncture Clinic. Split into three sections cover Techniques and Safety (Risk Management), Ethics and Interpersonal Skills and Clinic Management, these three areas provide vital knowledge to any acupuncturist, regardless of whether a new practitioner or one already in practice with several years experience. Standing as an easy-to-use reference book as well as a comprehensive textbook this book is an essential read.
- an excellent valuable addition for everyone associated with acupuncture and traditional chinese medicine
- offers everything you need to know in an acupuncture clinic
- chapters cover essential areas such as safety, risk, ethics and interpersonal skills and clinic management
- written by a leading practitioner in the field with a considerable understanding of the particular needs and unique aspects of running an acupuncture clinic
- aimed to be accessible to both the new and experienced practitoners
Techniques and Safety. Refining diagnostic skills and needling technique. Accident prevention and management. Reducing risk in other acupuncture techniques. Ethics and Interpersonal Skills. Ethical issues in acupuncture practice. Learning interpersonal skills with patients. Treatment planning and programs. Clinical Management and Continuing Education. New practitioners. Effective advertising for acupuncturists. Record-keeping. Developing your practice. Building and maintaining a network of health practitioners. The practical use of herbs.