For many centuries, practitioners of traditional Chinese medicine have relied on face reading for insight into the physical, psychological, and emotional state of a patient. Based on an understanding of the shapes, markings and features of a face, a therapist can discover important facts about the health and life of a patient, related to the principles of Chinese medicine. In addition to understanding how the body's internal functions can be seen on a face, readers will also learn to evaluate non-verbal expressions and assess personality from features and markings of the patient's face.
- Clear discussions demonstrate how this technique can be used as a supplement to other diagnostic tools in Traditional Chinese Medicine.
- Engaging, insightful, highly readable text is written by a well-known and experienced lecturer in the field.
- Extensive illustrations give you a clear understanding of theories and techniques.
- A focus on the deeper aspects of face reading and diagnosis helps readers become more conscious of their actions, reactions, and the health consequences of behavior.
Part 1: The Changing Face
1. The Facial Map
2. The Facial Mosaic
Part 2: The Five Elements of the Face
3. The Water Features and Traits
4. The Wood Features and Traits
5. The Fire Features and Traits
6. The Earth Features and Traits
7. The Metal Features and Traits
Part 3: The Universal Language of the Face
8. Signs from the Shen
9. Facial Diagnosis
Conclusion: The Wisdom of the Face