by Kim Wager, Sue Cox
This comprehensive guide to auricular acupuncture and addiction provides a thorough grounding in the theory of Chinese medicine and integrates Chinese medical theory with modern biomedical concepts. The authors take the reader through the practical application of the SMART protocol. Other subjects covered include: treatment protocol and implementation, analysis of current research and accounts of how the treatment can be employed in a variety of settings and how it affects those services. The chapters discussing theory will be in depth but will have key learning outcomes presented separately to focus understanding.
Table of Contents
1. The brain - target organ of addictive substances.
2. How nerves work.
3. Neurotransmitter typology.
5. Emotion: addiction is an emotion.
6. The limbic (emotional) system.
7. The physiology of relapse, bingeing and the permanency of addiction.
8. How does the brain exert influence on the rest of the body?
9. Addiction and genetics.
10. The drugs of misuse.
11. Qi, the story so far.
12. The new model for Qi energy.
13. Yin-Yang theory.
14. Auricular acupuncture mechanisms.
15. An evaluation of auricular acupuncture with high security substance misusing male prisoners.
16. Diversity in practice
Smoking Cessation Ear Acupuncture Points Chart
Laminated 8.5 X 11 chart with the smoking cessation formula and you get formulas for weight loss, alcoholism and drug addiction. Each condition comes with treatment protocols and additional body acupuncture points.